Saturday, July 11, 2009

MBA

So, I've talked about going back to school to get my MBA for a while now, and I've thought about it for even longer. Today, while I was writing one of my two entrance essays, the fear started to set in. I asked myself over and over if I'm ready for this. Weekends spent on the computer. Late nights spent on the computer. Every free moment on the computer.

I spent 5 hours working on one essay today. Do you know how many loads of laundry I could do in that time? Or how much dusting and vacuuming and other misc chores I could do in that time? It has been the better part of 5 years since I've had to write any sort of academic paper. Once upon a time, I could churn out papers like nobody's business. Now, I'm slower than ever. Will I get back into the swing of things? Perhaps. I may let the speed and ease of the second essay be the determining factor. I may need a little motivation and support and a few prayers from those of you out there reading this.

No comments: