Just to catch up, I have to let everyone know that we had a great Thanksgiving.
My parents came over the weekend before turkey day to help out with the boys and keep me company. Mom was like a super hero around the house. She never lets the dirty laundry pile up and she knows how to tidy up everything. I really miss her this week.
My brother's family came over Wednesday and stayed until the weekend.
We cooked. We ate. We laughed. We shared stories.
...Well, in all fairness to Tom I have to mention this next little story that took place Wednesday night, oh, around 9pm. Keep in mind that I still have pregnancy brain.
I was in the kitchen adding all of the ingredients for a pumpkin pecan cheesecake into the mixer when I realize I read the recipe wrong. Somehow when I was writing my grocery list I only saw "(8 oz) cream cheese". I completely looked over the "4" in front of the 8 oz. So let's just say my dad was gracious enough to go down to Walgreens and pick up the 3 packages of cream cheese I was missing. Everyone in the house got a great big laugh at me because it didn't occur to me that 8 oz of cream cheese wouldn't be enough for an entire cheesecake. It gets better...
When my dad returned I went back to the mixer and the recipe and noticed that it calls for a can of pumpkin. Duh! I didn't get any pumpkin either. Back to the store my loving father went. It gets better...
So after ALL of the ingredients were mixed in, I started to pour my mix into the dish to bake it when it seemed to be overflowing...Yep, the recipe calls for a spring form pan...Didn't have one of those either. Instead of sending my poor dad to the store for a third time we laughed and I found a second dish to use and we had two PUMPKIN pecan CHEESEcakes. I make mistakes too. In mass quantities.
Clarks, We missed you!
No comments:
Post a Comment