Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Surprise


I'm not quite sure what prompted me to type in the web address for our blog...boredom..nostalgia...who knows.  So, there I was looking at a picture of Gabe at 2 months old, when I decided I'd try to tap into this thing.  I had to reactivate my Google account first though. Ha!  Hopefully, this process will come back to me.  

Here's a few updates: 
Gabe is three!  Yes, that's right.  He's three years old.  I'm slacking in the potty training department.  We've got the #1 thing down, but going #2 in the potty is a no-go.  It's not happening.  I've tried.  He's tried.  It's just not happening...yet.  His sweetness and excellent manners make up for his lack of pooping in the potty.  He's my good ol' southern boy with his "yes, ma'am", "no, ma'am", and "please" and "thank you".  

Silas is five!  Yep, he'll be in big boy kindergarten this year.  Not only that, he'll be in dual language like his big brother.  (Psst,...this will be my chance to redeem myself on learning Spanish.  I've faked my way so far with Micah.  Google translate is my best friend when it comes to Spanish homework.)

Micah is inching closer and closer to nine years old!  He's my big third grader.  He's sweet, polite and so well behaved.  At this moment he's at Camp Olympia for two weeks.  I miss him dearly, and not just because my dishwasher needs to be unloaded and the trash needs to be taken out.  He's my sweetie and my pal.  He's also my sports star.  He'll be playing kid-pitch baseball this fall and his soccer team will be bumping up to 11u.  

Tom and I haven't changed much except in age.  He's still a geologist and I'm currently a SAHM.

The picture above is from our most recent family vacation.  We took a Disney cruise up the coast of California up to Vancouver.  It was a great trip that the boys keep begging to do again and again.  

Well, that's sums us up currently.  Who knows, I might wait another 3 years before I update this thing again...and maybe not.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: