The week has been anything but restful. Upon arriving in Denver Sunday afternoon after a much needed week in MS, I had to pack up all of my upstairs rooms and the living room in order for the new carpet to be installed Monday morning. Whew! The carpet looks great, but unfortunately the house is still in shambles. When I say things are everywhere, I'm not kidding. There's a filing cabinet in one bathtub and clothes I haven't seen since college in the other. Since I'm nesting, I don't want to just throw anything back into a closet. I'm going through everything piece by piece and determining what stays and what goes. On the upside, all of the baby furniture is now in the nursery and fully assembled.
Tuesday Tom had a softball game with his company league. It was hard to watch everyone play while I burnt up wearing a black dress spectating from the stands when all I could think about was wanting to be on the field. While Tom was up to bat he took one for the team...well, he thought he was. It's slow pitch softball and Tom isn't well schooled on the rules. As the pitch came in inside, he decided to take it like a man and try to get a walk. Little did he know that it's a no-contact league, so he now has a big black and blue bruise on his leg for nothing. No walk. He did redeem himself on the next pitch with a line drive up the middle and a double though.
Today my co-workers threw me a baby shower. The gifts were great, but I think my favorite part was the brownies and ice cream. Go figure. I'm pregnant. Dessert is the best part of any day!
No comments:
Post a Comment