
Yes, you are seeing that correctly. The thermostat read -4 degrees outside this morning and that wasn't even the lowest. Last night we broke a record of -18 degrees. Anyone feel like building an igloo?
Since I finally had a few free minutes I thought I would post a few updates on Micah.
Last week was a blur. With Tom being out of town for a few days and me being busy with Junior League and work, I don't know how I kept my head on straight. The weekend of the 6th and 7th Micah had a chance to meet Santa again. This time at the Encana Children's Holiday Party...and he was awake too. He looked adorable dressed in his reindeer costume. (pictures to come soon)
This weekend we took Micah to his very first hockey game. I lucked up and got last-minutes free suite tickets from work. Micah was a happy boy through the whole game except the 3 times the Avs scored and the loud fog horn went off and the crowd errupted into cheers. It startled him a bit and he made this pitifully cute face with his bottom lip poked out and then began to cry. By the third time we were quick to cover his ears to keep him happy. Saturday night Micah joined us at a Christmas party hosted by one of Tom's co-workers. Micah got to stay up late, but that didn't mean he'd sleep all the way through the night. Sunday night Micah spent the evening with Gail and Wes while Tom and I went to my office holiday party. That's the first date Tom and I have had since Micah made his arrival. Micah did well with Gail and Wes. It goes without saying that he didn't suffer from a lack of attention all evening. Gail even made Micah an adorable Santa face mobile.
That pretty much sums up the highlights.
Oh, I forgot to mention that Micah is quite the talker. I walked into his daycare class on Friday to the whole room sitting and listening to him chat out loud to everyone. He loves being the center of attention and seems to keep the crowds entertained, even the teachers.
No comments:
Post a Comment