Saturday, December 4, 2010

Breakfast with Santa

When I was little my favorite part about Christmas other than waking up on Christmas morning and opening presents was the annual breakfast with Santa party. It was my one chance to tell Santa everything I hoped to get under the tree. Afterall, we didn't have a mall Santa. Well, we didn't exactly have a mall either. But that's beside the point.
This morning our church in Frisco held a Breakfast with Santa celebration complete with chocolate chip pancakes, arts and crafts, and pictures with St. Nick. We were even greeted by a mini orchestra playing Christmas carols.
After much anticipation, Santa finally arrived on the Frico fire engine. I suppose he's letting the reindeer rest up for the big night in a few weeks.






After eating yummy pancakes we made our way to the line to sit on Santa's lap. Micah, as usual, was being shy and quite timid. He's not very fond of strangers in public places anymore. We were guessing that he'd scream and throw a fit to avoid sitting in Santa's lap. And he did. I managed to have him sit on my lap for a picture though.

Who knew it would be so hard to get Micah and Dada to look at the camera? LOL!

Stay tuned for more photos with Santa. Next weekend we'll be attending the Encana Children's Christmas party, and I'm sure we'll have more akward photos to share.



On the way home, I made Tom pull over to take some photos near our house. [I think this is their better side because I don't have to worry about either of them looking at the camera and smiling at the same time.]


I love this little guy so much!



No comments: