Monday, July 25, 2011

"I'm a big kid now!"



Actually, we've already moved past the Pull-ups. We've graduated to underwear!


I can't take all of the credit. Primrose, Micah's new pre-school, did most of the work. Right before we left his old daycare at the end of May, I knew he was getting close to being ready. I didn't push the issue for a couple of weeks at the new school to allow him time to adjust to the new atmosphere and people.


Around the beginning of the third week of Primrose, Micah's teacher came to me and told me that he's been using the potty at school all day and staying dry in his pamper. She felt like it was time that he started wearing underwear instead of wasting pampers. My eyes just lit up! I had no idea he was staying dry all day long.


Since then, we've been in big boy underwear. We've had our fair share of accidents and we've struggled (still do to an extent) with poo poo-ing in the potty, but we've come a long way in the last month.


Micah can even stay dry ALL night long. Yes, we still wear a Pull-up at night, just in case, but he's very good about going straight to the bathroom in the morning when he wakes up.

No comments: