Last Monday was Silas' first day at Primrose and Tuesday was my first day back to work. It was a LONG week. But we survived.
Monday was a holiday for my office, but I took the opportunity to practice getting up and getting all 3 of us ready and out the door on time. Plus, I knew it would be emotional for me to leave him so I allowed myself time to cry without worrying about rushing off to work.
I cried. I got Starbucks. I shopped. Alone. I smiled.
It was refreshing to not worry about loading a stroller, car seat, and 3-year-old in and out of the car to run errands.
Silas did great! His caregivers said he's a joy to take care of and a great snuggler. I couldn't agree more.
Back in the office on Tuesday was also refreshing. As much as I love my children and staying home with them, I love being able to work outside the home. I'm a working mom and I'm okay with that.
Being in the office gives me interaction with other adults, a little peace and queit, and a sense of accomplishment. These things recharge my batteries and make me a better mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment