Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Good Ol' Days

Dear Micah and Silas,

I started this blog several years ago to share with our friends and family near and far all that you do as you grow up. I've shared thousands of pictures and many, many videos of you. And now I get to share something very special to me that my mom has recently shown me.

Back before cell phones with cameras and FaceTime, even before cordless phones, people used cameras with real film and no sound. It was a long time ago. Twenty-eight years ago to be exact. Anyway, I want to share with you a video film my mother shot when I was just barely a year old in the summer of 1983. Those other kids in the film are your Aunt Karen and Uncle Jason. They were 12 years old and 10 years old respectively. And one other thing, please note Aunt Karen's awesome fashion and wings and Uncle Jason's short shorts and knee socks. Priceless.

It has been a really great hobby of mine to update this blog and I plan to do it for many years to come. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed creating it.

Always remember that I was a kid once too. Here's proof.

Love,
Mom




P.S. Thank you Mom and Dad (Nana and Grandaddy) for saving this and having it digitalized. A special thank you goes out to my Aunt Stephanie for letting my mom borrow your video camera all those years ago, and another special thank you to my Uncle Jimmy for helping to bring this video back to life.

No comments: