Monday, August 20, 2012

Silas- 9 Months









Tidbits About Our Chunk
(Actually, Silas is just a few days shy of being 10 months old now, but I'll do a recap)
  •  Weight on 7/26/12 was 18.72 lbs.  (34%)
  •  Length on 7/26/12 was 29.2 in. (84%)
  • Head circumference on 7/26/12 was 18 in (73%)
  • He's wearing 12-18 month clothes
  • Right after his 9 month portraits Tom made me trim his hair.  His once-cute comb over was reeling in lots of  "What a pretty little girl you have." compliments.  I only took a little off the top and around his ears.  I didn't have it in me to cut much more.
  • He's self-feeding more table foods although he still prefers fruits over vegetables. 
  • He's learned to crawl.
  • He's still nursing, but we've cut down to just twice (sometimes 3 times) a day straight from the source.  He gets one bottle of breastmilk and two of formula at school. 
  • Occasionally Silas will sleep through the night.  Not more than once a week, if that. But it's nice when he does. 
  • He doesn't like to swing.  At Micah's soccer practice I put him in a swing on the playground and he just quivered with fear.  (The motor in Micah's baby swing broke and we never replaced it, so he'd never been in a swing before)
  • He loves when Micah or I sing "You Are My Sunshine" to him. 

No comments: