Yes, that's me...and Micah at 38 weeks. This one's for you, Dawne.
Sweet Pea has been gaining sympathy weight with me. Of course you can't tell b/c my big belly is in the way, but she has.
I've been avoiding cameras for a few weeks now, but I guess it was time to give in. My reasoning comes from my co-workers. It never fails that I will have at least 10 of my [approx 30-40] co-workers look at me in shock and say something everyday like, "When are you due again?" or "Wow, how much longer do you have?" or even "Gosh, you look like you're about to pop. Weren't you due weeks ago?" Yes, I'm tired of saying August 28th. I'm to the point that I want "Not today" tatooed on my forehead so people would stop asking me.
There has been one person that brightened my day almost to tears of joy. Tom and I were sitting in church several weeks back and I was exhausted from the chair olympics, and I'm sure anyone could tell by the look on my face how I felt. It was right before communion when everyone turns to their neighbors and shakes hands and says "Peace be with you". You Catholic folks know what I'm talking about. Anyway. The lady sitting directly in front of me turned and shook my hand and instead of saying the normal response, she said, "you look beautiful". This meant a lot to me coming from a mother with 5 children of various ages crowded around her like little ducklings. She truly knew what to say to lift my spirits. She made me happy. I smiled.
So, next time you encounter a pregnant lady, don't ask her when she is due. Just say something nice or encouraging. Our hormones are all over the place. Do you really want us to talk bad about you in our blogs?
No comments:
Post a Comment