Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bear


Bear may look tatterd and mangy, but those are signs that he is well loved. When I was young I would always get a new teddy bear for Christmas, but there was something about that large brown bear wearing a red bow tie that had a bell sewn inside of his tail. I loved the way his long fur felt as I rubbed my hand over his ears. Simply rubbing his fur between my fingers has consoled me many a night. I loved and still love that bear. I doubt we will ever part ways. Bear saw me through high school and then went off to college with me. He even made the trek to Minnesota with me to Camp Foley. I've lugged that bear from one home to the next and I still find comfort in his embrace.

So, I decided that my first gift to Micah would be a teddy bear. What better place to get a personalized teddy bear than Build-a-Bear. I practically had to drag Tom with me so I could get pictures for Micah's scrapbook. Maybe one day Micah will love that bear as much as I love Bear, my fuzzy friend who has kept all my secrets and loves me unconditionally.

By the way, no signs of Micah making his grand entrance any time soon. I have another Dr. appointment on Monday. Until then....here's some pictures of the creation of Oliver, Micah's teddy bear.




1 comment:

theJoneses said...

You look so stinkin' cute!! I can't believe you're less than a wk. away from due date!!