Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2 month check up



Red. Stop sign red. Blood red. Micah's face got so red it almost exploded when the nurse jabbed the needles in his thigh. 5 shots. Luckily, she managed to get all of them in in under 30 seconds. He was not a happy baby. All day he had a sad pittiful look on his face. Several times I could have sworn he had his bottom lip poked out and the biggest puppy dog eyes ever. He'd make these sad little moans throughout the day that made my heart sink. I felt so bad for the little guy. I felt so bad for him that I didn't try to keep him on a feeding schedule. He was spoiled today with boobie milk any time he wanted.

By the time daddy got home, he seemed to be in better spirits. He still whimpered a few times now and then, but overall he seemed fine.

As you know, I've been mentioning that Micah seems big among all of the other babies about his age. He weighed 12lbs 13oz and his length is around 23 5/8in at the doctor's office today. He ranks in the 75th percentile in both. That's my growing boy!

No comments: