This morning Micah came up to me and let me know he had a stinky diaper. He's still not verbal about it yet, but he'll nudge me and get my attention and then point to his diaper. It's enough to let me know.
I asked him to go get a pamper and the next thing I noticed was him dragging out the potty chair into the living room and saying "poo poo".
Ok, so to all of the other mothers out there, is it time to start potty training?
I know boys usually develop the sensory skills a little later and I wasn't anticipating trying to start potty training for another 6 months or so. Especially since I bought 2 boxes of diapers yesterday.
I think he's gained interest in the potty only because he sees other children in his daycare class learning to be potty trained. [Micah is the youngest 2 year old in his class.] At this point I think it's just an interest in something new and not a desire to really do it.
In other BIG news: Micah slept in his BIG boy bed last night until 5:15 this morning. At that extremly early hour, he wanted to get in his crib and Dada let him so we could all sleep in...until 8:30!
No comments:
Post a Comment