Two of my most prized possessions boarded a plane without me on Saturday while in my husband's arms: my camera and Micah.
Labor Day weekend has become the annual weekend for Grandpa Deen's family reunion in Illinois. Due to a couple reasons, I was unable to attend this year. 1.) At the time that Tom purchased plane tickets, I was still job hunting, and I knew that it would be unlikely that I could take extra time off for the holiday weekend if I had been working. 2.) Micah, now 2 years old, requires his own plane ticket making our travel adventures a little more pricey. So, I stayed home and enjoyed a quiet weekend in Texas alone.
Saturday night marked the milestone of Micah spending the first night away from Mama. Yes, you're probably thinking this is long overdue, and I admit that it was. The prolonged milestone wasn't truly on purpose or for the fact that I couldn't let go. Well, maybe that was a small part of the reason.
Since I nursed Micah until he was 18 months old and he didn't start sleeping through the night until around that same time, I felt awkward asking anyone to sacrafice their sleep to tend to my little guy. Sure, his grandparents wouldn't mind keeping him, but proximity was a problem. Every time we would see Micah's grandparents, the trip would be brief and if we left Micah with them, we would be missing out on visiting with them. So, that led us to where we were last weekend.
In case you're wondering, Micah survived the weekend and so did I. Hopefully, my camera did too. And, hopefully, Tom got some pictures that I can share with you this week.
Tom just texted me and said they landed at Love Field, the airport, and should be home soon. The last 4 days have been long and I can't wait to hug and kiss them!
In other news, I started my new job today. It was 100% better than the last first day I experienced. I'll fill you in on my experiences soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment