Tom booked a room at a really nice B&B in town, which actually was the same price as renting a cabin in Turner Falls park. If you ever find yourself in Davis, OK, definitely stay here: http://www.lavilleinn.com/index.html.
We drove up Friday night and got a good nights so we could get to the park before the crowds on Saturday morning.
Turner Falls Park was so much more than we expected. Everything we read online about it made it just seem like a waterfall and a swimming hole, which we were totally ok with. Surprisingly, this place is H-U-G-E. And there were thousands of people there.
Within the park we came across an old castle that an Oklahoma University professor built in the 1930s. The castle is built right into the side of the canyon and he actually lived there for a while. Tourists like ourselves were able to climb all around and through the sturctures.
After about four hours of exploring, swimming, hiking, and playing we retreated back to our comfy B&B for a long nap.
For dinner we ate here: http://www.thecliffatcedarvale.com/. ***Please note: DO NOT eat here. I repeat. DO NOT eat here. ***
The restaurant had great reviews and a great location just on the outskirts of the park, but that doesn't make up for the food poisoning I woke up with on Sunday morning.
The hour and forty-five minute drive home took more like 3 hours and Cleburne[:)] and I ended up at the urgent care ER getting two bags of IV fluids and other meds all afternoon.
We're both doing just fine now, but I don't think I'll be eating out for a while. Perhaps for 20 more weeks or so. Afterall, the last time I had food poisoning, I went into labor with Micah...


No comments:
Post a Comment