Have you ever heard of a priest telling the congregation not to come to mass on Easter Sunday morning? (He suggested everyone come to the 3 hour vigil Saturday night or wait until the Sunday night service.) Ours did. Considering the circumstances, I totally get where he was coming from.
We are currently smack-dab in the middle of building our new church right in front of our current church where a large portion of the old parking lot once was.
Since non-practicing Catholics tend to come out of the woodwork on Christmas and Easter, we were expecting a crowd larger then the church could accomodate. Last year the fire marshall had to guard the doors because the building was at capacity. We stood in the garden and listened to the service over the outside speakers. This year the garden is fenced off for construction.
Instead of the mass confusion and crowds, we drove down to Denton for Easter Sunday service.
I'm glad I took these photos before church. We had a flood on our way home from church. Water came halfway up our driveway for a little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment