I'm ready. I thought Tom was ready until last night when I began to have contractions again. I was relaxing on the couch in the basement when I suddenly felt like I needed to pee really bad. When I got up I realized Micah had dropped. I tried to use the bathroom with no success, but I did start having contractions. As soon as I mentioned the word "contraction" Tom had already sprinted up the stairs to retrieve my procardia pills from my purse. For the next few hours Tom had this terrified look on his face. I was doing fine. Just trying to deal with all of the pain and discomfort while trying to calm him down. Turned out that a warm bath and tons of water to drink helped slow things down and I got 4 straight hours of sleep. That's a huge feat!
So, after all those child birth classes I figured Tom would be ready for the baby any day now, but I think he went into a state of shock or panic. I talked him through it though and I think he'll be ready to go when the real thing comes around...especially with all of these trial runs.
At the last child birth class all of the men got to experience what it's like to be pregnant. Well, minus the morning sickness, hormone changes, bloating and swelling, and all of the other fun details. But, he did get to wear the sympathy suit. Enjoy the pic. I look terrible, but it too shall pass.
1 comment:
i sooo wish davis could have worn the 'sympathy suit'. i needed him to feel my pain!
how much longer??
--kathy
p.s. i love the blog! i can't wait to see pics of little micah on here!!!
Post a Comment