Pre-term labor is defined as going into labor before the 37th week of pregnancy. At 31 weeks and one day, I woke up having cramps. Little did I know that I was actually having contractions. After showering I decided I needed to lay down for a few minutes in hopes that my tummy would start to feel better. I managed to finish getting ready for work, but by the time I arrived at the office I was almost in tears. I called the doctor's office to reschedule my appt for that day to an earlier time and I was taken right in. The next thing I knew I was on the phone with Tom telling him I was being wheeled next door to the hospital. When they were checking me in they took me straight up to labor and delivery. I'll be honest. I was alone...well, besides the doctors and nurses... and I was terrified! I had no idea what was going to happen. It took about an hour for Tom to get to the hospital and when he arrived I started to feel a lot better. After three shots of tribulalene and two pills of procardia, the contractions stopped. Thank Goodness! Micah and I almost had the same birthday. So, needless to say, I won't forget my 26th birthday any time soon. The down side is I know exactly what contractions feel like and I have to go through all that again in just a few weeks.
I remained on bed rest for the weekend and was released to go back to work on Monday. I'm happy about that b/c that allows me to use more of my maternity leave after Micah makes his grand entrance rather than stuck in a bed waiting on him to get here. I'm on strict orders to take it easy and get plenty of rest and water. Lots and lots of water. I have to drink at least a gallon of water per day. Have you ever tried to drink a gallon of water in one day? Now imagine having a 4 lbs lump in your belly constantly pressing on your bladder. 1 gallon of water + small bladder= at least 20 trips to the bathroom per day. And I'm supposed to be taking it easy...
No comments:
Post a Comment