He still hasn't gotten anyone to look at the motor yet, but he's had some fun with it Joey Potter style.
Last Monday Micah and I spent the morning at the Dallas Arboretum. It was beautiful and HOT! The sun was scorching the earth at right about 100 degrees. I've heard they have a really great fall display as well. Maybe we'll make a return visit in October when it doesn't feel like a sauna outside. [Micah has a serious obsession with cars lately. There's ALWAYS one in his hands. Always.]
Did I mention it was hot? Can you tell?
Also during the last week or so I've been doing a little painting. Micah's big boy room is now completely repainted [pictures soon] and we repainted the back wall of our living room. Again. Third times a charm. We like it. We really like it. [pictures soon too]
Saturday we took a family hike on the manicured trails at the Little Elm Park. We were expecting a real hike through the woods, but were surprised to find paved sidewalks crisscrossing through a few patches of trees and bushes. We made the best of it and wandered around for a half hour or so before the temperatures were almost unbearable.
For Father's Day we launched the boat on the lake bright and early for our maiden family voyage. Tom rowed us down the lake for a while and let the wind bring us back home while I sunned, Micah yelled at the birds, and Tom attempted to do some fishing. We enjoyed a bit of a lazy morning on the lake followed by a nice refreshing splash in the pool. Ahhhhh! I love summertime.
Also, our boat is still unnamed. We're taking suggestions.
No comments:
Post a Comment