Micah had things especially rough today. All morning I tried to talk to him about going back to school and how much fun he was going to have with his friends, but he just wasn't having it. "No school", he said. Over. And. Over.
Once we were at school he was a little timid walking down the hall, but when I turned into a different classroom he lost it!
A little background information: Due to the storm last week and extremely cold temperatures, one of the pipes in his classroom burst and flooded the building. The mess was cleaned up and the rest of the building, excluding the 2-year-old's room, was safe for class today. So, Micah and all of his classmates and teachers were in a tiny room that is normally the Infant II room (for ages 18 months to 2 years).
The tears rolled down his cheeks. His face turned red. He screamed out, "No Mama". What was I to do? I hugged him, kissed him, and told him goodbye. At that point my day was rough. I felt so bad for leaving him, but I knew he'd be fine in no time.
Around 5:30 today I stood in the doorway of his new temporary classroom watching him chase a a pretty little girl. He giggled and smiled at her. He was okay just like I knew he would be.
Thank goodness today is over! Goodnight, Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment