Monday, February 21, 2011

Mr Garth

Tom's friend from Chicago, Garth, came to visit for the weekend. Those two spent the weekend out on the water fishing.

Guess how many fish they caught? Yep, that's right. Not. A. Thing. It's not like I even like to eat fish, but I just think it's funny that Tom can probably count how many fish he's caught here in Texas on one hand. I am starting to believe "fishing" is his new code word for man time away from the house which includes: drinking beer, putting around in the boat under the warm sunshine, and talking on his cell phone.

When Tom and Garth weren't out on the water, they were sitting here by the chiminea chatting about how their lives have changed in the last 5 years.

Micah spent some time outside with the boys too. He colored his picnic table with chalk.



Take a good close look at Micah's beautiful, long red hair. It's not there anymore. Tom took Micah in for a haircut this afternoon and they CHOPPED all of his long hair off. When I saw it this afternoon I almost cried. A trim would have been just fine, but no they used the clippers on my poor little man's head. It's so short there's nothing to run my fingers through. If you can't tell, I'm a little devasated. I didn't get a picture before he went off to bed, but I'll try to remember to take one tomorrow to share with you.
Note to self: NEVER send Micah with Tom for a haircut!
Reminder to self: It will grow back. Eventually.

No comments: