For the 4th of July, we got up early, packed the wagon, and headed to the pool. For an hour or so, we had the entire pool to ourselves.
Tom spent the afternoon working on his boat and the motor. I'm sad to say that the motor still isn't working properly, but I think Tom has finally caved and decided to let a professional look at it to see if it is salvageable. Micah and I spent the rest of the day loafing around the house, and I finally got my hydrangea in the ground. I found the perfect place for it right next to the door that leads from the garage to the backyard. I can see it from my kitchen nook window as I'm typing this :)
Our evening plans consisted of going to church and then watching the fireworks. We had a 360 view of fireworks. They were going off in every direction of our house. First, we walked down to the lake to watch a display right across the water and then we noticed that some of our neighbors were getting into the action. Then, we plopped right down on our driveway for an hour or so. Several people were shooting off a variety of flares. We even watched the kids next door set off roman candles and other sorts of small explosives. Maybe next year we'll be a little more festive and put on our own fireworks show.
As for Me and Micah Monday, it was more of a family day. Tom had the day off for the holiday, so Micah and I didn't make any special plans. Tom and I did manage to finish putting away all of the remaining items that needed to be moved from the garage to the attic and the random items in the spare bedroom to the attic as well. We gave the spare bedroom new purpose too. We have a twin bed set up on one side and all of Micah's toys on the other. We have a new playroom. Finally, I can start to reclaim my downstairs livingroom!
No comments:
Post a Comment