Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Back to School

After a long 7 month hiatus from the working world, I have decided to go back to work. Well, the first step is finding a job. No, I take that back. The first step is getting Micah back into daycare, or baby school as they called it in Denver, so I can look for a job.

I did my research, took several tours and asked a zillion questions, and we have decided to put Micah in the daycare closest to our home. The daycare is called Kid's Corral and has a western theme throughout. (How very Texas of them...)


The staff is super friendly and Micah seems to love the place. The first thing he saw when we went for our initial tour was the playground where we had to spend our first 15 minutes in order to keep him happy. When we viewed the classroom, they let him mingle among the other 2 year olds. Several of them came up to him and asked his name and said "hi". Micah couldn't quite say his own name yet, so I helped him out. He was a little timid and shy at first with all of the kids, but as soon as he found the bin full of tiny race cars he was fine. We made two additional trips to the daycare to make sure it was the right fit for Micah. By the time we left for the third time, he didn't want to walk out of the door. I litterally had to pick him up and tote him to the car.

Tomorrow will be his first full day at the new daycare, and I'm hoping he's as eager as the last couple visits. Over the last few months, I can tell that he has become attached to his Mama. He does well when I drop him off at the gym daycare, but I never leave him for more than an hour or so. This will be the whole day away from me which hasn't happened in a long time. Everyone is telling me that I will be more upset than he will, and they're probably right. At least I hope they're right.

While I'm still job hunting, he will be going to daycare on a drop-in basis. This means he will only go on the days that I have interviews so that we don't have to pay full tuition. Unfortunately, though, once the schools are back in session (around August 16th), he will be going full-time regardless if I have a job or not. The daycare can't hold a position for a drop-in child when there are children (of teachers) that can fill a full-time spot.

So, tomorrow is Micah's first day back to school and I have two interviews with recruiters. We would truly appreciate your prayers that everything goes smoothly.

No comments: