Last weekend Tom decided that we should hang the hammock between a couple of trees in our backyard rather than have the hammock stand set up on our patio taking up so much space. Before he drilled into the trees, he asked me to come outside to give my opinion on where the hooks should go. From experience of having hammocks while I grew up, I told him to place them rather high. No one wants to drag their butt on the ground. He thought I was being ridiculous when I pointed to a spot above my head. So, without taking my opinion into consideration he googled "how to hang a hammock". [If you don't know my husband, he googles ALOT. He even googled "fire ant bites" a few weeks back to see if he needed to go to the hospital after being bitten close to 50 times. I could tell from looking at his deep red-almost purple face that he was going into anaphalactic shock and made him go the the ER.] Anyway, he hesitated before admitting that what he read was exactly what I told him. In fact, what he read said if you think you have it high enough, go a little higher. Maybe one day he'll realize I do know a thing or two without checking the google machine.
In the end, we have a nicely hung, relaxing hammock under the shade trees, and my butt doesn't drag the ground.

1 comment:
Fun times, I miss our hammock, Tell him to put some grits on that Fire Ant bed. that will kill them, he just has bad luck with things that sting in the yard. Huh???
Post a Comment