Sunday, August 1, 2010

Heat Wave


Well, today has been the hottest day so far in 2010 for Dallas, TX. We topped out at 105 degrees. Call me crazy, but I layed out for an hour and enjoyed it. First, I filled the baby pool up with cool water. Then, I dangled my feet in it while I sat in the glider reading my Southern Living magazine. It was so hot outside the glue holding the spine of the magazine together started to melt. As I turned the pages, they would fall right out.



Since we're now in the dog days of summer, the sunflowers are blooming EVERYWHERE. I made Tom take the back roads home from church today so I could pick some.




In Micah news: We started out our morning with a trip to the pool. Micah found another little boy's diving rings to be the highlight of the hour. I know you're thinking that he probably liked throwing them for the other little boy. Nope. He was the one diving for them. With a little help from me. He needed a little push from me to get to the bottom of the 4'6" water, but he never came up empty handed. He also figured out how to use his feet to push off of the bottom in order to come up. Of course, I had to hold him up so he could take a breath though. Also, his jumping off the side has transformed into belly flopping off of the side. On the up side, the belly flop puts him in a horizontal postion so he can take a stroke or two towards me.

In Tom news: The boat motor is running. One of the guys who came down for the weekend knows a thing or two about boat mechanics and he fixed it for him. Tom's excited!

No comments: