Thursday, August 26, 2010

In Mississippi

I have so much to share and things just keep happening. I figured if I didn't start getting this blog updated, I may never catch up.

So, here we go.

Last weekend, we drove to Mississippi to visit my family and our friends and to celebrate Micah's 2nd birthday. Our first stop was in Southaven at my brother's house. Micah got to show off his swimming abilities for his Aunt Dawne; I got to get my hair done by Laura and eat lunch with Terri, one of my friends from Fred's; and Tom got to have breakfast with his old advisor and a grad school friend from Memphis.

Next, we traveled south to my parents' house in Grenada for the remainder of the weekend.

My parents were very gracious and accepted our request to babysit Micah while we went out on a date Friday night. We had dinner at No Way Jose, the newest Mexican place in town and apparently the hot spot. We ran into my high school friends: Kathy H. Jones and David and Ashley Harrell at dinner. I love being able to go back to a small town and be able to run into people I haven't seen in months and just catch up. No Grenada date is complete without driving out to the lake, and that's where we headed after dinner. Our next stop was Spencers for dipped ice cream cones.


Finally, our last stop on our date was, of course, Wal-Mart. Surprisingly, I didn't see one person I recognized in there. I guess I've been away for too long. Anyway, we picked up the food and extra supplies we needed for Micah's birthday party and headed home.On Saturday, we had Micah's birthday party at Nana and Granddaddy's house. The theme for the party was Disney Cars.








[Mikayla, Micah, Will and Henry eating hamburgers and hot dogs]


I have more to share from the birthday party and the rest of the trip, but I'll save it for my next blog. I have to keep you coming back for more, right?!

By the way, today is Micah's actual 2nd birthday! Yay! We made it to two! My little boy is getting so big!

No comments: