So, we got a late start on our day, but that doesn't mean we were completely unproductive.
Yesterday I received a pleasant e-mail from my brother informing me that there was a McAllister's in Colorado. I practically leaped off of the couch as I read the message. I double checked the info and sure 'nough, it's T-R-U-E! Yes, it's about 20 miles away from our house which translates into a 40 minute drive across town, but it was SO worth it.
This afternoon we headed north on a mission for sweet tea. A part of me wondered if it would be real sweet tea. You know, like it's made in the South by adding a ton of sugar while the tea is still hot so that every grain melts and tastes oh, so good on ice. I've tried many restaurants here that claim to serve Southern or Cajun food with sweet tea on the menu, and I've sent many a glass of "sweet tea" back after the waitress says, "This is our sweet tea. If it's not sweet enough, I can get some sugar for you." They just don't get it out here. It's just not sweet enough until it tastes like sugar water with a hint of tea flavor.
In the pictures you can tell by the bags under our eyes how much sleep we've gotten lately. ha ha!
So, here's another picture of Micah because I know everyone out there would rather see pictures of him than pictures of Tom and me.
1 comment:
Thanks for the pics & videos Natalie. I'm not sure when we'll see Mr. Micah in person, but the boys like to see the pictures of their new cousin. We'll make sure and practice "Go Big Orange!" with him when we see him.
Chris
Post a Comment