Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Never ending day

Today has been the hardest day to be a mom so far.

I woke up early and managed to get a shower before Tom left for work thinking I was ahead of the game. Little did I know that it would prove to be the longest day ever.

After my shower Micah and I said goodbye to Tom and went downstairs for some breakfast and with the intentions of taking a nap. Micah had different plans. He was wide awake. So we watched the Today show and the View and the 11am news. Still no nap. He did not want to sleep. I was exhausted and he wouldn't let me put him down without throwing a fit. I barely had time to go to the bathroom. Finally, around noon he fell asleep after being up for 4 1/2 hours. I put him down in the pack and play and he was up in less than 30 minutes. After calming him down, he fell asleep in my arms and remained there all day. I tried the bouncy seat but he didn't like that. I tried the car seat and he didn't like that. I tried the pack and play again and he didn't want to be in there either. In my arms he remained all day. I never got a nap. So, there are no pictures from today. Sorry, he wouldn't let me put him down long enough to get the camera.

Unfortunately, I hear him crying downstairs which means he's probably hungry again. Maybe one day things will get better. My fingers are crossed.

No comments: